“5 Ways to Be a Better Dad: Parenting Strategies for Men with ADHD” with Terry M. Dickson, M.D., ACG, CPCC
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand, learn why ADHD men are prone to angry outbursts, how feelings of guilt can build up under the surface, strategies for accepting the traits that make your children unique, and more with Terry M. Dickson, M.D., ACG, CPCC
Full Product Description
INSTANT ACCESS! In this audio webinar and slide presentation of “5 Ways to Be a Better Dad: Parenting Strategies for Men with ADHD,” Terry M. Dickson, M.D., ACG, CPCC, discusses:
1. Why men with ADHD are prone to angry outbursts, and how they can keep from unleashing that rage on loved ones
2. How feelings of guilt, shame, and worthlessness build up under the surface, and how to improve poor self-esteem before it harms your family life
3. Strategies for accepting the traits, gifts, and idiosyncrasies that make your children unique and give them unconditional love
4. How to stop, look, and actively listen when you are spending time with your child
5. How think before you promise, and follow through on commitments to your child
Meet the expert: Terry M. Dickson, M.D., ACG, CPCC, is the founder and director of The Behavioral Medicine Clinic of NW Michigan that has served and supported children, adolescents and adults with ADHD for the past fifteen years.
Dr. Dickson has been a principal study investigator for several clinical ADHD medication trials and has published many articles on ADHD and related topics. His heartfelt passion for folks with ADHD led him to coaching, as he feels it fills a need that medication can’t fill. Dr. Dickson speaks regularly on ADHD and has been interviewed locally and nationally on the web (ADDA Webinars), radio, and TV (CNN News), Attention Talk Radio, as well as CHADD’s Ask an Expert online. He most recently appeared on an NBC Nightly News Special on Adult ADHD.