Echo Dot is a hands-free, voice-controlled device with a small built-in speaker—it can also connect to your speakers or headphones over Bluetooth or through a 3.5 mm audio cable to deliver stereo sound to the speakers you choose. Dot connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, news, sports scores, weather, and more—instantly.
Full Product Description
Sleek and compact design makes Echo Dot a convenient addition to any room in the house. With its built-in speaker, you can place Dot in the bedroom and use it as a smart alarm clock that can also turn off your lights. Or use Dot in the kitchen to easily set timers and shop tens of millions of Amazon products using just your voice.
Echo Dot can also directly connect to speakers using a 3.5 mm stereo cable, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi for compatible wireless speakers to add voice control to your home stereo system in the living room or den.
Echo Dot can hear you from across the room, even while music is playing. When you want to use Echo Dot, just say the wake word “Alexa” and Dot responds instantly. If you have more than one Echo or Echo Dot, Alexa responds intelligently from the Echo you’re closest to with ESP (Echo Spatial Perception).
- Echo Dot is a voice-controlled speaker that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, answer questions, set timers and alarms, and more
- Play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and SiriusXM
- Call or message family and friends hands-free, or drop in from the Alexa App to your Echo device
- Controls lights, locks, thermostats, and more with compatible connected devices
- Use the built-in speaker, or for bigger sound, connect to speakers through Bluetooth or audio cable
- 30,000+ skills, including Jeopardy!, Lyft, Audible, and Domino’s. Always getting smarter and adding new features
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music