What is an ADHD diet? Is sugar evil? What about gluten?
Understanding the connection between the food your child eats and his or her hyperactivity, focus, and impulsivity is not easy. Which is why the ADDitude editors have pulled together all the science-based facts you need to know about ADHD, diet & nutrition in this 43-page special report. In it, you will learn about:
- The foods & additives that may exacerbate ADHD
- How omega-3s, iron, and zinc boost your brain
- Why you should cut out artificial dyes & flavors
- How protein keeps your body and mind running
- Healthy and filling meals to cook for any occasion
- How to keep your picky eater healthy
This comprehensive special report details what foods, vitamins, herbs, and supplements your family should — and should not — be eating. A must-read for every parent and ADD adult!
SIX-PART GUIDE TO HEALTHY EATING
This Diet and Nutrition Special Report will help you choose the best foods for yourself or your child, and eliminate the ones that could be causing ADHD flare-ups. Chapters include:
- FAMILY-FRIENDLY MEAL IDEAS Not sure what to cook up? We’ve compiled healthy recipes for breakfast, dinner, and snacks that work for picky kids on the go.
- WHAT NOT TO EAT Does sugar really make kids hyper? Should you cut out dairy? Gluten? Identifying your dietary triggers may help with symptom control.
- WHAT TO EAT How much protein? What kind of fat? Can spices add more than just flavor? Read on for tips on what makes a healthy ADHD plate.
- SUPPLEMENTS AND HERBS Read up on the science — or lack thereof — behind the supplements that work and the ones that just aren’t worth your money.
- ADHD-FRIENDLY MEAL TIPS Rushed and stressed at dinner time? Never fear! With these ADHD-centric meal prep tips, dinner will be ready in a jiffy.
- DEALING WITH A PICKY EATER If your kid is stuck on “chicken nuggets or nothing,” follow these strategies to expand her palate and keep her growing strong.
A healthy diet may be just what the doctor ordered to help you or your child manage ADHD symptoms. If you want to change your eating habits but don’t know where to start, this special report has all the information you’ll need.