The ADDitude Store
“What Neuroscience Reveals About the ADHD Brain” with Joel Nigg, Ph.D.
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand, learn how attention works in the ADHD brain, what stimulant medications have to do with brain arousal, understand the ADHD brain’s development, and more with Joel Nigg, Ph.D.
Full Product Description
INSTANT ACCESS! The webinar will address the following:
1. How the ADHD brain develops and builds
2. How attention works in the brain, and why it is kids can pay attention to a video game but not a lecture
3. How emotion is processed by the ADHD brain
4. Why stimulant medications “calm” a child and what this has to do with brain arousal
5. Understanding the ADHD brain’s “structural volumes” (which are smaller than in neurotypical brains) and white matter (the brain’s fiber optic network that develops more slowly than in a neurotypical brain)
6. Seeing the ADHD brain as a partially built communications network and what that means for treatment approaches
Meet the expert: Joel Nigg, Ph.D., is a clinical psychologist and a professor in the departments of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at OHSU. He directs the OSHU ADHD Research program and is also director of the division of psychology. Author of What Causes ADHD? Understanding What Goes Wrong and Why. Dr. Nigg has published nearly 200 peer-reviewed scientific papers related to the neuropsychological , cognitive, and temperamental correlates of child ADHD, to ADHD genetics, and in particular for this talk, to MRI- based research and theoretical interpretations of brain development in ADHD.
This live webinar was originally sponsored by
Fast ForWord®: No more band-aids on reading problems. Target memory, attention and processing speed with Fast ForWord®, the original brain-training intervention – the only one proven by research at Stanford, MIT and Harvard. With Fast ForWord® and a remote tutor helping your child every step of the way, you’ll see change in as little as two months. For more information visit their website, www.fastforwordhome.com.
ADDitude webinar sponsors have no role in the selection of guest speakers, the speaker’s presentation, or any other aspect of the webinar production.