9 Conditions Often Diagnosed with ADHD
This downloadable eBook is an essential guide to the signs and symptoms of 9 conditions that typically overlap or get confused with ADHD:
- Depression, anxiety and bipolar mood disorder
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Learning disabilities and sensory processing disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder
- Tourette Syndrome
PLEASE NOTE: This ebook is a downloadable PDF; it does not ship.
Full Product Description
About 80 percent of individuals with ADHD are diagnosed with at least one other psychiatric condition at some time during their lives.
This eBook will teach you the signs and symptoms for each condition, plus guidelines for diagnosis, treatment, and living successfully with depression, anxiety, OCD, learning disabilites, and the other related conditions addressed here, including:
- Anxiety: 25-40% of people with ADHD may aso have an anxiety disorder
- Bipolar Disorder: 25-40% of people with bipolar disorder also have ADHD
- Depression: Depression is nearly three times more common in people with ADHD; as many as 70% of people with ADHD may be treated for depression at some point in their lives
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder: 25% of boys with ADHD and 10% of girls with ADHD will develop ODD
- Learning Disabilities: About half of all people with ADHD have a comorbid oral language deficit. 20-60% of children with ADHD have one or more learning disabilities or language problems.
This is ADDitude’s most comprehensive look at the signs & symptoms, diagnosis methods, and proven treatment solutions for the 9 conditions most commonly diagnosed with (and mistaken for) attention deficit disorder.
- “Good examples and lots of useful strategies for our daily life.”
- “I appreciate that you discussed prevalent disorders that affect children today.”
- “Great information and resources. A very practical resource.”
- “Great strategies to determine if other conditions are at work, too.”