“Carrot & Stick: Dealing with Challenging Behaviors in Young Children with ADHD” [podcast episode #7]
In ADDitude’s ADHD Experts Podcast episode 7, Mary Rooney, Ph.D., advises parents of ADHD children on improving behavior in elementary-aged children through consistency, external motivators, and selective negative consequences.
Listen to “Carrot & Stick: Dealing with Challenging Behaviors in Young Children with ADHD” with Mary Rooney, Ph.D.
Click here to access the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
In this audio webinar presentation of “Carrot & Stick: Dealing with Challenging Behaviors in Young Children with ADHD,” Mary Rooney, Ph.D., discusses:
- Positive parenting techniques that really work
- Why negative consequences should be used sparingly for children with ADHD
- How environment directly affects behavior
- Free Parenting Resource: Manage Your Child’s Anger
- How to Survive the After-School Witching Hour
- The Sad Truth About Tantrum Triggers
- eBook: We Are In This Together: Essays by Parents
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on March 1, 2013.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/
Updated on June 17, 2021