“Carrot & Stick: Dealing with Challenging Behaviors in Young Children with ADHD” [podcast episode #7]
In ADDitude’s ADHD Experts Podcast episode 7, Mary Rooney, Ph.D., advises parents of ADHD children on improving behavior in elementary-aged children through consistency, external motivators, and selective negative consequences.
Listen to “Carrot & Stick: Dealing with Challenging Behaviors in Young Children with ADHD” with Mary Rooney, Ph.D.
In this audio webinar presentation of “Carrot & Stick: Dealing with Challenging Behaviors in Young Children with ADHD,” Mary Rooney, Ph.D., discusses:
- Positive parenting techniques that really work
- Why negative consequences should be used sparingly for children with ADHD
- How environment directly affects behavior
- Free Parenting Resource: Manage Your Child’s Anger
- How to Survive the After-School Witching Hour
- The Sad Truth About Tantrum Triggers
- eBook: We Are In This Together: Essays by Parents
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on March 1, 2013.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/