Listen to “The Secret Lives of Women with ADHD” with Terry Matlen
Tune in to hear Terry Matlen explain how women with ADHD can overcome shame and unhealthy societal expectations.
Listen to “The Secret Lives of Women with ADHD: What No One Ever Told (or Asked) You About Your ADHD,” Terry Matlen
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
Terry Matlen explains how women with ADHD can overcome societal expectations, shame, and embarrassment.
In this episode:
- Understanding the inner experience of women with ADHD
- Devising and sticking to an Individualized Living Plan to accommodate your ADHD challenges
- Learning to balance home, work, and relationships without feeling guilty about any perceived shortcomings
- Planning family meals, keeping the kids clothed, and maintaining organizing strategies that work
- Remembering the important stuff and forgetting the shame and hurtful comments that can hold you back
- Free Resource for Women and Girls: Is It ADHD?
- Sister. Wife. Mother. Living with ADHD.
- ADHD Is Not a Male Disorder
- eBook: Your Complete ADHD Guide
- “Wonderful program. I am 51 and just realizing this might be my issue. I just ordered the speaker’s book. Thanks!”
- “What a blessing to hear the symptoms. My spouse has most of these, but only sees my problems. It is such a blessing to hear again and again, that this is real, and not a figment of my imagination 🙂 Thanks again for bringing these issues to the light where they can be appreciated!!”
- “I heard answers to many issues I have had for years. Nice to know there are others with the same issues and to hear suggestions for working through the issues. Thank you.”
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on January 28, 2016. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series. The audio has been captured from live conversations (sometimes over a telephone), not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: additude.com/webinars/
Updated on January 30, 2020