“It’s About Time: Understanding the Science of Time Management with ADHD” [podcast episode #178]
Tune in as Ari Tuckman, Psy.D., MBA, talks about how the ADHD brain estimates, uses, and values time differently.
Listen to “It’s About Time: Understanding the Science of Time Management with ADHD” with Ari Tuckman, Psy.D., MBA
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
Most people with ADHD struggle to manage their time and to do the right things at the right times. Why are procrastination, time blindness, and tardiness such big problems? Researchers have taken a close-up look at the ADHD brain and have uncovered the reasons why it estimates, uses, and values time differently. Here, ADHD expert Ari Tuckman, Psy.D., will take a deeper look at the science of time awareness and time management through an ADHD lens. He will discuss the concepts of time horizon and “temporal discounting” to help you understand why some strategies work better than others. This webinar will teach adults to “see” time by externalizing it and “feel” time by building motivation.
- “I appreciate the practicality of the suggestions and how matter of fact and affirming the speaker was. Thank you!”
- “Excellent! This was extremely useful and helpful to listen to. Thank you.”
- “Finally, I have a real and usable explanation of “Now” vs. “Not Now” time perception. Thank you!”
Related recommended resources:
- Free Download: Better Time Management with ADHD
- Quiz: How Seriously Do You Procrastinate?
- Article: Why Deadlines Pounce and Long-Term Plans Never Happen
- A Get-Things-Done Guide for the Overwhelmed and Overloaded
- eBook: Getting Things Done with Adult ADHD
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on March 15, 2017. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series. The audio has been captured from live conversations (sometimes over a telephone), not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: additude.com/webinars/
The sponsor of this week’s ADDitude webinar is….
Time Timer: Recommended by ADHD experts, the Time Timer displays the passage of time with a disappearing red disk. This is a powerful tool for visual thinkers of all ages and abilities. www.timetimer.com
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Updated on July 15, 2021