“New Supplement Strategies: Using Trace Minerals and Plant Extracts to Treat ADHD” [podcast episode #241]
Addressing key nutritional imbalances with an integrative treatment plan has proven effective in treating ADHD, as has using natural, plant-derived compounds called oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs). Tune in to learn more from James M. Greenblatt, M.D.
Listen to “New Supplement Strategies: Using Trace Minerals and Plant Extracts to Treat ADHD” with James M. Greenblatt, M.D.
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
An ever-growing body of scientific evidence confirms ADHD to be a neurologic, brain-based disorder represented by numerous biological abnormalities; in other words, what is observed as atypical behavior is merely the tip of an iceberg that extends down to an individual’s unique biochemical makeup. Certain nutritional abnormalities, which can profoundly impact cognition and behavior, are significantly correlated with ADHD. Health-care practitioners, however, often overlook nutrition, mineral levels, and individual biochemistry when assessing and treating ADHD in both children and adults.
Fortunately, addressing key nutritional imbalances with an integrative treatment plan has proven effective in treating the symptoms of ADHD, as has using natural, plant-derived compounds called oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs). To the ADHD patient, practitioner, or parent, this integrative approach is a beacon of hope, one substantiated by modern science to effectively address the root biologic causes of ADHD.
- “Thank you for providing this information. It’s very difficult to find local therapists with this specific kind of knowledge related to ADHD. As an adult, I really appreciate his insights and hope I can use this information to improve my life and pass it on to my adult children to help them.”
- “Thank you, Dr. Greenblatt, for your balanced integrative approach in speaking to the topic of possible nutritional aspects/deficiencies regarding ADHD.”
- “I appreciated so much hearing from a neuropsychiatric clinician. I appreciate the studies (proof of effectiveness essentially) and specifics on types and doses.”
- Natural Remedies for ADHD: Treatment Without Medication
- Free Download: What to Eat (and Avoid) for Improved ADHD Symptoms
- How Deep Breathing Opens Up the ADHD Brain
- Take It Outside! Treating ADHD with Exercise
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on January 10, 2019. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series. The audio has been captured from live conversations (sometimes over a telephone), not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: additude.com/webinars/
Accentrate™ is a dietary supplement that is specifically formulated to address the nutritional deficiencies known to be associated with ADHD. Accentrate™ contains the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA in the phospholipid form, which has been shown to be the preferred carrier to the brain over fish oils. The Brain Ready™ Nutrition provided in Accentrate™ is working 24/7 and helps the body heal even while sleeping.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Updated on July 15, 2021