“From Crushed to Confident: 10 Ways to Help Your Child Soar in School” [podcast episode #190]
Tune in to hear Kirk Martin’s game plan for bolstering your child’s self-esteem at school.
Listen to “From Crushed to Confident: 10 Ways to Help Your Child Soar in School” with Kirk Martin
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
Back-to-school time incites anxiety for many children with ADHD or learning disabilities who struggle to meet others’ expectations for paying attention, sitting still, taking tests, following directions, making new friends, doing homework, and more. These students have tried behavior charts — and walked away with crushed spirits and poor self-esteem. So it’s no surprise that the very thought of another school year, may prompt your child to either melt down or shut down. And you feel helpless as a parent. Here’s how to head into this new school year with a game plan that bolsters everyone’s confidence.
- Free Download: Explaining ADHD to Teachers
- You Can’t Learn If You’re Anxious, Stressed, or Scared
- 20 Accommodations for Students with ADHD
- eBook: A Parent’s Guide to ADHD at School
- “Very insightful and informative podcast! Kirk is a font of ideas. Thanks so much for lining him up. Much appreciated!”
- “This was a really helpful podcast both as a parent of a kiddo with ADHD and as an educator. Kirk was a really good speaker and very informed on the topic presented. Thanks so much!”
- “This was the most informative podcast on ADHD that I have EVER listened to. I was so impressed with Kirk!”
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on August 22, 2017. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/
Updated on July 15, 2021