Podcast Episode #313: “‘Living in Uncertain Times: Coping Strategies for Adults on the Autism Spectrum” with Stephen Shore, Ed.D.
Tune in as Stephen Shore, Ed.D., shares practical, strengths-based solutions for coping during this unsettled time for adults on the autism spectrum.
Listen to “‘Living in Uncertain Times: Coping Strategies for Adults on the Autism Spectrum” with Stephen Shore, Ed.D.
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
No one is immune to the disruptions and changes brought on by this global pandemic. For adults on the autism spectrum, the loss of routines and expectations is especially damaging, often leading to seemingly insurmountable anxiety. For those of all ages throughout the autism spectrum, support from family and care team members is critical to easing the transition from established routines to new ones — at school, at home, and at the workplace.
Stephen Shore, Ed.D., shares practical, strengths-based solutions for coping during this unsettled time.
- “Professor Shore was very interesting. Would love more webinars about ADHD and Aspergers.”
- “I am going to share this video with the parents of my adolescent autistic clients so that they can see that there is hope and a future. Thank you very much for doing this webinar.”
- “It was very informative with simple examples to understand. Thank you for this wonderful session, Dr. Shore.”
- “Great knowledge and use of personal experience. Thank you.”
- “Great speaker- I loved the practical evidence he used.”
Related recommended resources:
- [Self-Test] Autism Spectrum Disorder Symptoms in Adults
- Free eBook: The truth About Autism in Adults
- Is It Just ADHD? Comorbidities That Unlock an Accurate Mental Health Diagnosis
- Read This: Why Symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorder Are Mistaken for ADHD in Adults
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on July 9, 2020. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series. The audio has been captured from live conversations (sometimes over a telephone), not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: additude.com/webinars/
Updated on November 12, 2020