Listen to “’What Do You Mean?’ Language Processing Deficits in Children with ADHD” with Gail J. Richard, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
In this podcast, Gail J. Richard, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, explains common language-processing disorders and provides suggestions for developing stronger skills.
Listen to “’What Do You Mean?’ Language Processing Deficits in Children with ADHD” with Gail Richard, Ph.D.
Gail Richard, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, explains how to recognize language-processing disorders and pursue an accurate diagnosis.
In this episode:
- How to differentiate language-processing deficits from auditory processing challenges and ADHD symptoms
- Common signs of language-processing disorders in children
- How language-processing challenges affect a child’s social skills
- How to compensate for language-processing problems
- Tips and strategies for addressing language-processing challenges at home and in school
- Self-Test: Language Processing Disorders in Children
- What Is a Language Processing Disorder?
- Does Your Child Need a Tutor?
- eBook: Signs and Symptoms of Learning Disabilities
- “This was SO informative! As a parent of a child with ADHD and an SLP I plan on sharing this with many people who will also find the information beneficial. Thank you!”
- “This was a really wonderful podcast. I’m an RN with ADHD and have always known I have a processing disorder but wasn’t certain which one, etc. now I know it’s all of them, including some minor dyslexia symptoms at times! What a relief to have a diagnosis that fits my symptoms! Thank you so much!!”
- “Thank you for sharing your expertise. I have really appreciated the opportunity to learn more about language processing disorders. “
How Do I Listen?
If you don’t see the podcast player at the top of the page, or subscribe to ADDitude’s ADHD Experts podcast somewhere else, follow these instructions:
From your phone or tablet:
You can subscribe to ADDitude’s ADHD Experts podcast in any podcast player. If you’re reading this on an Apple mobile device, touch this link to open the Podcasts app. If you’re reading this on an Android mobile device, touch this link to open the Stitcher app.
From a desktop or laptop:
Click the “play” button at the top of the page to start the episode. Keep that window or tab open on your browser while you listen, or the podcast episode will stop playing.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/
Updated on May 20, 2019