“‘What Do You Mean?’ Language Processing Deficits in Children with ADHD” [podcast episode #183]
In this podcast, Gail J. Richard, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, explains common language-processing disorders and provides suggestions for developing stronger skills.
Listen to “’What Do You Mean?’ Language Processing Deficits in Children with ADHD” with Gail Richard, Ph.D.
Click the play button below to listen in your browser. Mobile users can open this episode in: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; Overcast.
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
Add ADDitude’s ADHD Experts Podcast to your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Pocket Casts | Overcast | Stitcher
Gail Richard, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, explains how to recognize language-processing disorders and pursue an accurate diagnosis.
- “This was SO informative! As a parent of a child with ADHD and an SLP I plan on sharing this with many people who will also find the information beneficial. Thank you!”
- “This was a really wonderful podcast. I’m an RN with ADHD and have always known I have a processing disorder but wasn’t certain which one, etc. now I know it’s all of them, including some minor dyslexia symptoms at times! What a relief to have a diagnosis that fits my symptoms! Thank you so much!!”
- “Thank you for sharing your expertise. I have really appreciated the opportunity to learn more about language processing disorders.”
Related recommended resources:
- Self-Test: Language Processing Disorders in Children
- What Is a Language Processing Disorder?
- Does Your Child Need a Tutor?
- eBook: Signs and Symptoms of Learning Disabilities
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on June 14, 2017. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/
This live webinar is sponsored by
Fast ForWord®. Your child can use Fast ForWord (the most researched reading intervention created!) from home this summer. If you feel like you’re spinning your wheels with interventions that don’t work, try Fast ForWord. ADDitude readers get 1 month free! Learn more.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.