Podcast Episode #318: “Rev Up Your Child’s Executive Functions for a Successful School Year” with Rebecca Branstetter, Ph.D., and Elizabeth A. Sautter, MA, CCC
Tune in to learn how you can train your child’s brain to pay attention and follow through with these strategies for executive function skills from Rebecca Branstetter, Ph.D., and Elizabeth Sautter, MA, CCC.
Listen to “Rev Up Your Child’s Executive Functions for a Successful School Year” with Rebecca Branstetter, Ph.D., and Elizabeth A. Sautter, MA, CCC
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
After a long summer of relaxed schedules, unstructured time, and no homework, the transition back to school is rarely smooth — especially for children with ADHD and especially in a year riddled with uncertainty and concern. You and your child may be riding an emotional roller coaster straight into the fall, which impacts executive functions among other critical learning functions.
In this hour-long webinar, learn practical ways to get your child’s brain back in “school mode” so they are ready for a successful school year, no matter how that looks, with Rebecca Branstetter, Ph.D., and Elizabeth A. Sautter, M.A., CCC. If you have tried teaching executive functioning strategies that never seem to “stick,” there is good news: This webinar will offer evidence-based approaches to reboot your child’s brain to listen, pay attention, and follow through at school.
- “I thoroughly enjoyed this webinar and look forward to re-watching it and sharing it and the strategies with my clients.”
- “What was so good about this was how it incorporated the fact that kids with AHD likely have parents with ADHD, and made its advice very focused, digestible, and DOABLE. I feel really empowered listening to them.”
- “Incredible webinar with so much great, actionable recommendations. Thank you!!”
- “Great presentation. Easy to follow and found the content relatable. Also appreciate the follow-up download for further details and support. Thank you!”
- “Both Rebecca and Elizabeth were very knowledgeable and their advice was clear, practical, and relevant to all parents in today’s world.”
- “This was great. Timely. Easy to walk away with a few things to implement right away. Thank you!”
Related recommended resources:
- [Self-Test] Could Your Child Have an Executive Function Deficit?
- Executive Dysfunction, Explained!
- Your Child’s 7 Executive Functions — and How to Boost Them
- It’s Easy to Hover Over a Child with Executive Function Deficits. Don’t.
- Free Checklist: Common Executive Function Challenges — and Solutions
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on August 11, 2020. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series. The audio has been captured from live conversations (sometimes over a telephone), not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: additude.com/webinars/
Updated on November 12, 2020