“Getting It Done: Help Your Child with ADHD Start—and Finish—Homework” [podcast episode #232]
Do you dread the nightly homework battles? Are your evenings spent hovering, hand-holding, and helping your child with ADHD through assignments? If you answered yes to either of these questions, tune in to listen as Leslie Josel offers solutions.
Listen to “Getting It Done: Help Your Child with ADHD Start—and Finish—Homework” with Leslie Josel
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
Do you dread the nightly homework battles with your child? Are your evenings spent hovering, hand-holding, and helping your child through assignments? Do you wish he could get his work done independently — and on time — no matter what the subject? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, you’re in the right place for solutions.
Homework doesn’t actually start at home. It begins at school — with copying down the assignments correctly and bringing home books and materials to complete them. Still, you can implement many strategies at home to ease the burden on you and your child. Here, we’ll explore out-of-the box and creative tools your student can use to stay on task and on track.
Bottom line? The best homework strategy is one that taps into your child’s inner strengths and needs, and provides the tools and resources needed to build executive-function muscles over time.
- “Great ideas! Just bought the speaker’s book online and ready to try these strategies.
- “Excellent suggestions and presentation. I’ll try these ideas and also recommend this to others. Thanks!”
- “The webinar had a great pace.”
- “Great information! Most of the questions she answered were ones I just hadn’t thought of yet but definitely applied to my son. Thanks so much!”
Related recommended resources:
- Make Life Easier: 15 Back-to-School Apps Your Student Needs
- [Screener] Dysgraphia in Children
- Free Resource: Proven Homework Help for Kids with ADHD
- A Mom Designs a Desk to Help Her Fidgety Student Focus
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on September 25, 2018. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/
NEBA®: Happy, healthy brains and no prescription required! NEBA Health’s Brain Booster supplement is packed with great-tasting, optimal ratios of Omega-3s to support brain health in kids and adults! Visit nebahealth.com to learn more.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.