Podcast Episode #297: “Everyday Habits for ADHD Brains That Unlock a Longer, Healthier Life” with Ari Tuckman, Psy.D.
Tune in as Ari Tuckman, Psy.D., explains why ADHD makes it harder to diligently follow good habits, like getting enough sleep, exercising, and treating other medical conditions, and shares strategies that will help you stick with a healthier lifestyle.
Listen to “Everyday Habits for ADHD Brains That Unlock a Longer, Healthier Life” with Ari Tuckman, Psy.D.
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
ADHD affects the basics of a healthy lifestyle: getting enough sleep, eating healthily, maintaining an exercise regimen, managing stress, and following through with treatment for other medical conditions. In the short term, sub-optimal lifestyle habits may cause people with poorly managed ADHD to struggle even more with everyday demands. New research also suggests that, in the long-term, poorly managed ADHD decreases life expectancy.
In this webinar, we will talk about how to create a healthier lifestyle that will benefit you today and as you age. Treating your ADHD makes it easier to live a healthier lifestyle, and living a healthier lifestyle makes it easier to manage your ADHD. The trick is getting started.
- “There was a lot of wonderful information shared today, ones that can be implemented easily during this time.”
- “Wonderful speaker! I hope we can have him back again soon!”
- “Very useful! I like the talk about healthy sleeping habits.”
- “Dr Tuckman’s explanations of complex concepts are always on point! Very eloquent, non-judgmental, always prepared to answer questions of any degree of difficulty!”
Related recommended resources:
- Secrets of Your ADHD Brain
- ADHD and Sleep Problems: Why You’re Always So Tired
- 9 Healthy Food Rules for ADHD Families: What to Eat, What to Avoid
Ari Tuckman, Psy.D., is a member of the ADDitude ADHD Medical Review Panel.
NOTE: This webinar was originally scheduled for May 5, 2020 but was held earlier, on April 9, 2020. Additude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/
Updated on November 12, 2020