Podcast Episode #316: “‘You’re So Emotional!’ Why ADHD Brains Wrestle with Emotional Regulation” with Joel Nigg, Ph.D.
Tune in to understand how anger problems fit into attention deficit and effective treatments for learning emotional control from Joel Nigg, Ph.D.
Listen to “‘You’re So Emotional!’ Why ADHD Brains Wrestle with Emotional Regulation” with Joel Nigg, Ph.D.
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
Emotional dysregulation is often seen in people with ADHD, starting in childhood and lasting into adulthood. Understand how anger problems fit into attention deficit and effective treatments for learning emotional control from Joel Nigg, Ph.D.
- “Dr. Nigg was very knowledgeable and excellent in breaking down the information in an easily understood way.”
- “He was an awesome expert. I am going to have to watch the webinar about three more times.”
- “This was a very informative webinar! Thank you! One of the best that I have attended!”
- “Presenter was excellent: clear communicator and well organized.”
- “A lot of usable and applicable info in a short amount of time, easy to understand. Thank you, Dr. Nigg!”
- “I work with 18-22 year old incarcerated students in the adult prisons. Today’s webinar nearly perfectly described 80% of my caseload students I have worked with in the past 10 years.”
Related recommended resources:
- Free Download: ADHD and Intense Emotions
- [Self-Test] Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) in Adults
- [Self-Test] Could You Have Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria?
- ADHD, Women, and the Danger of Emotional Withdrawal
Joel Nigg, Ph.D., is a member of the ADDitude ADHD Medical Review Panel.
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on July 28, 2020. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series. The audio has been captured from live conversations (sometimes over a telephone), not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: additude.com/webinars/
Updated on November 12, 2020