“The College Transition Guide for Teens with ADHD”[podcast episode #191]
Theresa Maitland discusses how to empower your ADHD teen to succeed in college.
Listen to “The College Transition Guide for Teens with ADHD” with Theresa Maitland, Ph.D.
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
Teens with ADHD/LD are the fastest growing segment of students with disabilities on college campuses today. After high school graduation, executive function challenges multiply just as teens leave the watchful gaze of their parents — and often this leads to rocky adjustments and academic challenges. The best way to strategically conquer life in college with ADHD? Begin preparing and planning while your child is in high school.
- “I have a rising senior — this was invaluable for me. Thank you.”
- “The discussion/Q&A was very on-point and helpful. Resources are wonderful. Thanks so much!”
- “Very good. I work at a college and felt the information was very accurate and helpful!”
Related commended resources:
- College Preparation Programs for Teens
- Transitioning to College: A Four-Year Road Map for Students and Parents
- 13 Survival Tips from College Graduates with ADHD
- eBook: A Parent’s Guide to ADHD at School
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on July 11, 2017. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series. The audio has been captured from live conversations (sometimes over a telephone), not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: additude.com/webinars/
The sponsor of this week’s ADDitude webinar is….
Landmark College: Serving students with learning and attention difficulties, and offering a two-week Transition to College program, July 21 through August 5, 2017. Information at https://www.landmark.edu/summer/transition-to-college-programs
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.