Listen to “Best Behavior: Classroom Strategies for Students with ADHD” with Shari Gent, M.S., NCED
Tune in to learn the best ways classroom behavior management strategies for students with ADHD with Shari Gent.
Listen to “Best Behavior: Classroom Strategies for Students with ADHD” with Shari Gent
Click the play button below to listen, or click the download icon to download the podcast and then save it to your device. Mobile users can touch this link to open the Podcasts app or touch this link to open the Stitcher app.
Shari Gent explains how parents and teachers can ease the path to success for students with ADHD.
In this episode:
- Why typical behavior plans don’t work for students with ADHD
- Three guidelines for managing ADHD behavior at school
- How technology can help manage behavior
- How to keep distracted kids on task
- The benefits of “fidgets”
- Five ways to manage excess energy
- Strategies for dealing with “rude” behavior and impulsivity
- When teachers should get help
- What parents can do to reinforce good behavior at home
- Free Guide: How Fidgets Improve Student Behavior & Focus
- Impulse Control Strategies for School and Home
- Is Your Child Punished for ADHD Behavior at School?
- eBook: A Parent’s Guide to ADHD at School
- “I can’t wait to use this with my teachers, and para-professionals!!”
- “First time listening to a podcast found it very informative I am an educational assistant and also a mother of a child with ADHD. Very useful ideas. Thank you!”
- “What a wonderful podcast!!!! As a professional, I love listening to podcasts for my development, and I adore it when it’s information that is ready to share with parents and teachers. This podcast is full of details and resources that I definitely need to explore. Thank you so much!”
How Do I Listen?
If you don’t see the podcast player at the top of the page, or subscribe to ADDitude’s ADHD Experts podcast somewhere else, follow these instructions:
From your phone or tablet:
You can subscribe to ADDitude’s ADHD Experts podcast in any podcast player. If you’re reading this on an Apple mobile device, touch this link to open the Podcasts app. If you’re reading this on an Android mobile device, touch this link to open the Stitcher app.
From a desktop or laptop:
Click the “play” button at the top of the page to start the episode. Keep that window or tab open on your browser while you listen, or the podcast episode will stop playing.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/
Updated on July 30, 2019