“Beyond Rewards & Consequences: A Better Strategy for Teens with ADHD and ODD” [podcast episode #220]
Tune in to listen as Ross W. Greene, Ph.D. explains his Collaborative & Proactive Solutions parenting model. Learn how to influence, not control, your adolescent’s behavior.
Listen to “Beyond Rewards & Consequences: A Better Strategy for Teens with ADHD and ODD” with Ross W. Greene, Ph.D.
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
Search for parenting advice on Amazon.com, and you’ll see 70,000+ books filled with guidance — much of it contradictory, confusing, and/or ambiguous. These days, it’s tough to know what’s right or wrong, what to let slide, what to prioritize, and how best to respond when your child isn’t meeting expectations. If your teen is diagnosed with ADHD or ODD, the questions are more numerous and the challenges greater.
How can I motivate my teen? How can I make him obey me? These are often the first questions I hear. But they should be your last reaction if you want to have a good relationship with your teen and influence his or her development. Collaboration and problem-solving work a lot better.
Related recommended resources:
- Helping Tweens Succeed
- Free Download: Why Is My Child So Defiant?
- [Self-Test] Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) in Children
- Defiant Child Behavior Strategies for Parents… from Parents
- “Excellent content and well-organized presentation.”
- “This was very informative. I received a lot of valuable information. Thank you.”
- “Insightful way of reframing how we think about ‘discipline.'”
- “Great information and very helpful to me.”
Ross W. Greene, Ph.D., is a member of the ADDitude Medical Review Panel
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on June 6, 2018.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series. The audio has been captured from live conversations (sometimes over a telephone), not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: additude.com/webinars/