Listen to “Building a Healthy Relationship with Your Adult ADHD” with Emily Anhalt, PsyD.
Tune in to hear Emily Anhalt, Psy.D., explain how to develop a healthy, positive relationship with your ADHD.
Listen to “Born this Way: Building a Healthy Relationship with Your Adult ADHD” with Emily Anhalt, PsyD.
Click the play button below to listen, or click the download icon to download the podcast and then save it to your device. Mobile users can touch this link to open the Podcasts app or touch this link to open the Stitcher app.
Emily Anhalt explains her three-layered approach to fostering a healthy relationship with your ADHD, and leveraging it as a positive force in your life.
In this episode:
- Tune out the negative self-talk that crushes dreams and goals
- Understand your unique relationship with your ADHD
- Work toward success professionally and emotionally
- Process the emotional difficulties people with ADHD face throughout life
- Manage the difficult challenges of your ADHD
- Ask teachers, bosses, and significant others for the things you need to succeed
- Use the positive aspects of your ADHD to thrive
- Free Download: 8 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Why We Crave the Drama That Sabotages Relationships
- Nobody Likes a Debbie Downer
- eBook: Your Complete ADHD Guide
- “My son was diagnosed with ADHD in 1st grade, he is doing terrific, but in the process my daughter didn’t get the attention my son did. She is in college now and she and I have talked about the symptoms and the possibility that she has many of the same characteristics, but not as pronounced as her brothers. This podcast has opened my eyes and is encouraging me to help both my young adult children cope with the future. Thank you so much for sharing Emily! “
- “Wonderful approach to the presentation of information—style & tone so open, relaxing and informative!”
- “I learned some really actionable things, gained much empathy for my ADHD friends, and embraced self love :)”
How Do I Listen?
If you don’t see the podcast player at the top of the page, or subscribe to ADDitude’s ADHD Experts podcast somewhere else, follow these instructions:
From your phone or tablet:
You can subscribe to ADDitude’s ADHD Experts podcast in any podcast player. If you’re reading this on an Apple mobile device, touch this link to open the Podcasts app. If you’re reading this on an Android mobile device, touch this link to open the Stitcher app.
From a desktop or laptop:
Click the “play” button at the top of the page to start the episode. Keep that window or tab open on your browser while you listen, or the podcast episode will stop playing.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/
Updated on July 30, 2019