“The Benefits of Art Therapy for Children with ADHD and LD” [podcast episode #181]
Stacey Nelson, LCPC, LCPAT, ATR-BC, explains how art therapy, including drawing, painting, and sculpting, can help children with ADHD.
Listen to “The Benefits of Art Therapy for Children with ADHD and LD” with Stacey Nelson, LCPC, LCPAT, ATR-BC
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
Stacey Nelson explains what art therapy is and how it helps children with ADHD and LD.
- “Love it! The presenter provided great explanations for responding to and reflecting the process of the art, as well as being thorough in covering the basics.”
- “Awesome — thanks for all the good recommendations!”
- “Lots of creative ideas that can actually be used. Thank you.”
Related recommended resources:
- How Art Therapy Tames Impulsivity, Distractibility, and Anxiety
- The Parents’ Guide to Art Therapy Techniques & Projects
- Toy Stories: Play Therapy for Children with ADHD
- Music Therapy: Sound Medicine for ADHD
- eBook: Mindfulness and Other Natural Treatments for ADHD Symptoms
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on May 17, 2017. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series. The audio has been captured from live conversations (sometimes over a telephone), not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: additude.com/webinars/
Updated on July 15, 2021