“The Teen Years with ADHD: A Practical, Proactive Parent’s Guide” [podcast episode #216]
Tune in to listen as Thomas E. Brown, Ph.D., shares helpful, hands-on ways to address a range of issues facing parents of teens with ADHD — from homework struggles to unpredictable emotions, road safety to the refusal to take medication, and more.
Listen to “The Teen Years with ADHD: A Practical, Proactive Parent’s Guide” with Thomas E. Brown, Ph.D.
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
Parents of teenagers with ADHD wake up each day to a barrage of motley and persistent challenges that go above and beyond puberty, peer pressure, and budding independence. For families impacted by ADHD, life is further complicated by chronic problems with planning and organization, working memory, emotional intensity, and changing treatment needs. Not to mention the looming “real world.”
- “This was very informative. I learned so much about strategies. Thanks for the experts and the great content.”
- “I really appreciate the topics related to teenagers.”
- “Dr. Brown is always so good because he deals with the emotional aspects of ADHD, not just the technical ones.”
- “Excellent webinar. Questions brought up a lot of issues I haven’t encountered yet.”
- Free Download: Evaluate Your Teen’s Emotional Control
- [Self-Test] Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) in Children
- Video: War & Peace: Discipline Strategies for Teens with ADHD
- What Are My Teen’s Best Options After High School?
Thomas Brown, Ph.D., is a member of the ADDitude ADHD Medical Review Panel.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/