“From Shame and Stigma to Pride and Truth” [podcast episode #237]
Tune in to an ADHD Experts podcast episode about embracing your ADHD and learning differences.
Listen to “From Shame and Stigma to Pride and Truth: It’s Time to Celebrate ADHD Differences” with Ned Hallowell, M.D., and William Dodson, M.D.
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
It is hard to be different from most other people; taking pride in your differences is the first step toward navigating the world successfully. ADHD and learning differences come with challenges, but adults and kids with these conditions also have a host of special talents, abilities, and gifts. It is time to band together to stare down stigma — one person at a time.
- “Always great to hear Dr. Hallowell & Dr. Dodson — true pioneers and champions of ADD/ADHD education, knowledge, and pride.“
- “I had no expectations listening to my first webinar on ADHD. But it was so insightful. I now have some tools to help my 7-year-old deal with his ADHD. And help me be a better parent to him. It was a reminder I shouldn’t be too hard on him and instead encourage him more. I look forward to the next one. Thank you so much for your work!“
- “Thank you for explaining about disclosure of ADHD. I made the mistake of telling everyone and am reaping the rewards daily. My son and I both have ADHD, and that makes our household different. I feel empowered after listening to the webinar and I haven’t felt that way in many years.”
Related recommended resources:
- Free Download: 7 Myths About ADHD… Debunked!
- Resource Center: ADHD Awareness Month
- 21 Ignorant Comments About ADHD (and the Facts to Refute Them)
- “Our Life Is Not a Punch Line”
- “Where Are All the ADHD Role Models?”
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on October 31, 2018.
Ned Hallowell, M.D., and William Dodson, M.D., are members of the ADDitude ADHD Medical Review Panel.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series. The audio has been captured from live conversations (sometimes over a telephone), not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: additude.com/webinars/
Revibe Connect: Revibe wristwear improves focus with gentle vibration reminders. First generation Revibe saw immediate, sustained improvement in 83% of students with self-regulation deficits. Funded by the US Department of Education, next generation Revibe Connect is here! Get $10 off at GetRevibe.com with code ADDITUDE10 revibetech.com
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Updated on July 15, 2021