“Is It ADHD, Autism, or Both? A Parent’s Guide to Social and Emotional Health” [podcast episode #236]
When your child struggles to make friends, and you don’t know why or how to help, it’s heart-wrenching. Mark Bertin, M.D., explains how ADHD and autism spectrum disorder impact kids socially, behaviorally, and emotionally, and effective interventions.
Listen to “Is It ADHD, Autism, or Both? A Parent’s Guide to Social and Emotional Health” with Mark Bertin, M.D.
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
Among a parent’s most heart-wrenching challenges is watching a child struggle to make friends or get along on the playground — and feeling powerless to help. It’s not always clear what’s going on and how you can best help, particularly when living with a diagnosis such as ADHD and/or autism spectrum disorder. What social concerns go along with ADHD? What challenges are specific to autism?And what should a parent do when the two conditions overlap?
When parents are armed with the facts about signs and symptoms of ADHD and autism — and how each condition affects a child socially, behaviorally, and emotionally — they can work with the pediatrician to nail down an accurate diagnosis and get the most effective evidence-based supports to help that child thrive socially.
- “I thought your speaker today was extremely knowledgeable and, equally important, interesting and easy to listen to.”
- “Dr. Bertin sounds extremely knowledgeable! He packed so much in the time frame. I had trouble keeping up with note-taking!”
- “Thank you!
This was very much needed! I need to re-watch it because it has so much good information!”
- “The discussion about finding behavior therapy was very useful. It is an area where I wasn’t sure where to start.”
- [Self-Test] Is My Child Autistic? Signs of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Free Download: What Every Thorough ADHD Diagnosis Includes
- 4 Autism Myths — Dispelled
- Autism and ADHD: The Complete Playbook for Social Challenges
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on October 23, 2018.
Mark Bertin, M.D., is a member of the ADDitude ADHD Medical Review Panel.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series. The audio has been captured from live conversations (sometimes over a telephone), not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: additude.com/webinars/
NEBA®: Happy, healthy brains and no prescription required! NEBA Health’s Brain Booster supplement is packed with great-tasting, optimal ratios of Omega-3s to support brain health in kids and adults! Visit nebahealth.com to learn more.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Updated on July 15, 2021