Listen to “Everything You Need to Know About ADHD Causes and Treatments” with Stephen Hinshaw, Ph.D.
Tune in to an ADHD Experts podcast episode about the genetic, the environmental, and psychosocial factors that cause ADHD.
Listen to “ADHD–Everything You Need to Know About Causes and Treatments” with Stephen Hinshaw, Ph.D.
Click the play button below to listen, or click the download icon to download the podcast and then save it to your device. Mobile users can touch this link to open the Podcasts app or touch this link to open the Stitcher app.
Stephen Hinshaw, Ph.D., explains the genetic, environmental, and psychosocial factors that lead to ADHD, and provides an overview of the best behavioral, medicinal, and natural treatments for children and adults.
In this episode:
- The latest research on the explosion of ADHD diagnoses
- The causes of ADHD
- The role of parenting in an effective treatment plan
- Which treatments options are proven effective, and which hold promise
- Is ADHD Hereditary or Genetic? Yes and No
- More Than Just Genes: How Environment, Lifestyle, and Stress Impact ADHD
- Culture Vs. Biology: What Causes ADHD?
- Self-Test: Could My Child Have ADHD?
- Self-Test: Do I Have ADHD? ADD Symptoms in Adults
- “An amazing podcast. The speaker was highly skilled and experienced in this area and on the disease model overall.”
- “Thanks so much. It was really informative and useful for me. I’ll start subscribing to the podcast. Please do another again soon!”
- “This was very informative and I so appreciate the topic. Well done!”
How Do I Listen?
If you don’t see the podcast player at the top of the page, or subscribe to ADDitude’s ADHD Experts podcast somewhere else, follow these instructions:
From your phone or tablet:
You can subscribe to ADDitude’s ADHD Experts podcast in any podcast player. If you’re reading this on an Apple mobile device, touch this link to open the Podcasts app. If you’re reading this on an Android mobile device, touch this link to open the Stitcher app.
From a desktop or laptop:
Click the “play” button at the top of the page to start the episode. Keep that window or tab open on your browser while you listen, or the podcast episode will stop playing.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additudemag.com/webinars/
Updated on April 6, 2020