“After the Diagnosis: Achieving ADHD Acceptance, Treatment, and Momentum” [podcast episode #276]
Tune in to listen as Ari Tuckman, Psy.D., answers many of the most common questions that accompany a new diagnosis of ADHD.
Listen to “After the Diagnosis: Achieving ADHD Acceptance, Treatment, and Momentum” with Ari Tuckman, Psy.D.
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
A new diagnosis of ADHD can be a double-edged sword. On one hand, there is the relief—finally you understand the neurological roots of your (or your child’s) actions and behavior. On the other hand, there is confusion, overwhelm, and questions: What does the latest scientific research say about ADHD? What are the most effective, evidence-based treatments for managing symptoms? Could ADHD be a competitive advantage? Getting the right answers to these questions is critical to taking control of ADHD symptoms once and for all.
- [Self-Test: Could You Have an Executive Function Deficit?]
- Doctor? Psychologist? Therapist? Someone Else? How to Find the Best ADHD Treatment Professional
- Your After-Diagnosis Survival Guide
- ADHD Medication + Behavior Therapy = The Best Outcomes
- “Very helpful. Thank you.”
- “I really appreciated his style of delivery. Empathetic and articulate. Thank you!”
- “Thank you so much for these seminars, I find them very helpful in educating myself.”
- “This was helpful in a real- world way. Particularly liked the examples of how to talk with your doctor.”
Ari Tuckman, Psy.D., is a member of the ADDitude ADHD Medical Review Panel.
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on May 14, 2019.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series. The audio has been captured from live conversations (sometimes over a telephone), not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: additude.com/webinars/
The sponsor of this week’s ADDitude webinar is….
Play Attention: Use your screen time wisely. Play a game that can HELP a person with ADHD improve organization and time management skills. Play Attention is the only brain training system that combines both advanced neurofeedback and cognitive training to effectively improve attention, behavior, and learning skills in children and adults with ADHD. Available for home and professional use. https://www.playattention.com.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.