Podcast Episode #173: “Could It Be Nonverbal Learning Disability? An Overlooked LD in Kids with ADHD” with Amy Margolis, Ph.D.
Nonverbal Learning Disability (NVLD) is poorly understood and frequently seen in children with ADHD. In this podcast, Amy Margolis, Ph.D, explains how to identify and treat NVLD.
Listen to “Could It Be Nonverbal Learning Disability? An Overlooked LD in Kids with ADHD” with Amy Margolis, Ph.D.
Click the play button below to listen, or click the download icon to download the podcast and then save it to your device. Mobile users can touch this link to open the Podcasts app or touch this link to open the Stitcher app.
View the slide presentation that accompanied the original broadcast of this live webinar.
Amy Margolis explains what NVLD is and how to properly diagnose and manage it.
In this episode:
- How to distinguish symptoms of NVLD from those of ADHD
- The importance of an accurate, early diagnosis
- Why clinicians often misdiagnose NVLD
- Signs of NVLD that parents should look for
- How NVLD affects children in the classroom
- Strategies parents can use to help a child with NVLD
- Practical tips to help teachers modify instruction for students with NVLD
- [Self-Test] Nonverbal Learning Disorder (NLD) in Children
- [Self-Test] Nonverbal Learning Disorder (NLD) in Adults
- How ADHD (Inattentive Type) Looks a Lot Like Learning Disabilities
- What Is Nonverbal Learning Disorder?
- eBook: 9 Conditions Often Diagnosed with ADHD
- “My son has an NVLD diagnosis; this webinar was fabulous! I am better prepared to talk with his teachers about his needs.”
- “Thank you for this. The time went by all too fast. Excellent and helpful content.”
- “This was one of the best webinars. The speaker was very well prepared and helpful in covering the topic. Thank you.”
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/