“How ADHD Shapes Your Perceptions, Emotions & Motivation” [podcast episode #204]
Tune in as William Dodson, M.D. explains how to solve the three biggest challenges to making your ADHD medication work for you.
Listen to “How ADHD Shapes Your Perceptions, Emotions & Motivation” with William Dodson, M.D.
Click here to view the original webinar broadcast and accompanying slides.
Patients and clinicians who rely on the DSM-V alone tend to overlook these defining features of ADHD:
- an interest-based nervous system
- rejection sensitive dysphoria
- intense emotional responsiveness
Here, leading ADHD expert William Dodson, M.D., explains how these core features affect the daily life of individuals with ADHD, and how they often complicate diagnoses and treatment plans.
- “This was great. I live through what was being discussed. Thank you for sharing.”
- “Dr Dodson is so fluid with his knowledge, clearly one of the one’s who get it. I realize as I listen that my wife experiences the rejection aspect. Very thought provoking.”
- “Some excellent information from a very knowledgeable professional.”
Related recommended resources:
- How ADHD Ignites Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria
- Self-Test: Could You Have Emotional Hyperarousal?
- 3 Defining Features of ADHD That Everyone Overlooks
- eBook: Secrets of the ADHD Brain
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on December 19, 2017.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/
The sponsor of this week’s ADDitude webinar is….
Play Attention: Use your screen time wisely. Play a game that can HELP a person with ADHD improve organization and time management skills. Play Attention is the only brain training system that combines both advanced neurofeedback and cognitive training to effectively improve attention, behavior, and learning skills in children and adults with ADHD. Available for home and professional use. http://www.playattention.com.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Updated on July 15, 2021