“How to Stay Calm When Your Child Acts Up” [podcast episode #6]
In ADDitude’s ADHD Experts Podcast episode 6, parents of children with ADHD can learn tips from Kirk Martin on how to stop the cycle of meltdowns and power struggles.
Listen to “How to Stay Calm When Your Child Acts Up” with Kirk Martin
*Slides not available for this episode
In this hour-long webinar-on-demand, learn how to take a step back and control your emotions, strategies for providing rules and structure to your child, developing actions instead of words when your child misbehaves, using the power of praise to improve your child’s behavior, and more with Kirk Martin.
In this episode, learn:
- How parents can step back and control their emotions before addressing their kid’s behavior
- Strategies for providing structure and rules when working with your child on his or her behavior
- Developing actions instead of words to help your child when s/he misbehaves
- Productive ways to improve the morning routine for younger and older children
- How to use praise to help improve your child’s behavior
- Download: Free Guide to Your Child’s Unique “ADHDisms”
- “I Believe In You!” How to Vanquish a Child’s Low Self-Esteem
- Why Praise Is So Important for Children with ADHD
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on February 12, 2013.
Note on audio quality: This podcast is a recording of a webinar series, and the audio has been captured from telephone conversations, not recorded in a studio. Register to participate in the live webinars at: www.additude.com/webinars/
Updated on June 12, 2021