Ask the Experts

Getting Accommodations at Work

“I’ve been diagnosed with ADHD. Am I entitled to special accommodations at work?”

Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, you are entitled to accommodations on the job as long as you can document the diagnosis. Ask your physician or psychiatrist to write a letter attesting to the diagnosis. The letter must identify what accommodations you’re requesting, and explain why they’re necessary.

Recommended Resources