You have ADHD? Me too! Let's be friends :)

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls You have ADHD? Me too! Let's be friends :)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  BemusedFox 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author

lapetitesara
    Participant

HI 😀
    My name is Sara and I want to be your friend.

I want to make connections with people who will understand me. I want to meet people who are resilient as honey badgers, who work hard to keep it moving forward, and who also happen to suffer from time to time because of our weird brains.
    It’s taken me some time to accept my diagnosis but I got it and now I’m working it – but it still hurts sometimes to accept that I really am different.
    I’m pumped to hear your stories and get your strategies and share your pain and laugh with you and move forward together.

Life is freakin’ hard sometimes but there’s always sunshine.
    (and a cocktail of meds hehe)

Hi Sara!
    I’m new to the club in the “official” sense…long time suspected-recently diagnosed and treated. My son had adhd, and it wasn’t until I realized he was exactly like me that I finally saw what was so incredibly evident. I have adhd. And even though myself and my family have always suspected, I was in denial. My life was always manageable as long as I had my lists, my phone reminders, monthly planner, etc. last year, I went through a divorce and it was too much for me to handle. Even with my “system”. I coupled with the emotional stress issues adhd intensifies, BAM. I felt like s crazy person. But knew I didn’t exhibit symptoms of bi-polar, depression and anxiety. I still have a lot to learn about my brain, but I also know that there are positives as well and I would love to hear your views!

~Rachel

AutumnDraidean
    Participant

I’m Autumn and I would love to build a little crew so we can support each other!

aamay19
    Participant

Hi, Sara! I’d love to be your friend and the friend of anyone else in this thread! I recently got diagnosed but have suspected it for some time. I’m looking for some people who can relate to what I’m going through because those around me haven’t been as understanding and it feels invalidating in a lot of ways. Hope we can connect more! 🙂

Have any of you guys been chatting? I’m recently coming to terms with my ADD, and it would be great to have friends that understand the struggles we have that previously I always ignored or thought were normal.

cslax32
    Participant

Hi Sara!
    I’m new to forum/community life on ADHD. I was diagnosed at the age of 4 (Now 22) and have only recently started looking into being active on forums as a way of feeling less lonely. I’d love to be friends with you and any others willing! It’s hard to live with ADHD and be surrounded by others, while supportive, can’t relate or understand. Hope to be in touch! 🙂
    – Chloe

maz
    Participant

hey sarah! how r u, my names maryam im 17 wbu?

andydippy
    Participant

Hi guys I’m Andrew, I live in Ayrshire in Scotland.
    Currently sitting bit stressed about everything, Iam 40 and never tries medication for adhd but I need to wave the flag and give it a try, as I struggle with alot of things in life, including a horrible sense of rejection.

LORNA HAY
    Participant

HiSara, I have been diagnosed with ADHD last year. it was a lightbulb moment for me. I would love to catch up in your group to chat about challenges and offer support. Lorna

eileenchang
    Participant

HiSara,I am Bruce,I live in Beijing in CHINA.I have an 8-year-old son with ADHD, and I also want to join the community to discuss with you the latest treatments and drugs, and help each other.

lgv
    Participant

Hey every one,

Im new. Just found out I have adhd. Covid is making me crazy. It depressing and I feel like I am in a cage with all of this social distancing.

andydippy
    Participant

HI. To be honest I felt the opposite – I liked lockdown as it was far more 1uiet and all the arseholes aren’t out stabbing and shooting each other.

lumut
    Participant

Hi everyone. I’m Sergio and I want to join the group and talk to someone like me. Never met any person with ADHD

attagirl
    Participant

Hey there Friend!
    I was first diagnosed at age 5. Then rediagnosed at 13, 22, and 32. Now I am 40!😜 I was just thinking the same thing today – how hard it is sometimes to feel so “misunderstood” but at the same time – crave more social interaction and larger support networks. How is everyone in the US handling new school cancellations and re-ignited social restrictions?

JACQUELINE PARRISH
    Participant

Hi, Everyone
    My name is Jacqueline and I have been diagnosed with ADHD since I was 6 but recently found out I have Autism as well and trying to figure everything out again…
    I’m a disability support worker and currently studying my diploma of youth work at RMIT. but tbh this lockdown and everything is making everything really hard

moejoe1967
    Participant

Hi all, my name is Lisa. I would love to chat with others who are similar to me. I am 50 something and diagnosed a few years ago, just started medication. Always knew I was different, weird, hypersensitive, obsessive,etc….my whole life. Unfortunately, as you know they did not start diagnosing until 1980 and certainly not in Girls. Would you kindly add me to your support group? Thank you.

jeanniew
    Participant

Hi, I am Jeannie. Never been officially diagnosed, but I have all the symptoms. I am 49 and all my life I have struggled with focusing and sticking to tasks, goals, and plans. I have some success, but not after jumping around from one thing after another.
    I am here to look for support, find friends and connect with others that understand what I go through on a daily basis. As a woman, it is especially hard during that time of the month. It is a struggle to get through.

ljamie237
    Participant

Hey Sara
    I am a 30 year old new mom to a beautiful six month old boy. I have been diagnosed with adhd for 11 years now and am trying to navigate the “new mom life” while coping with my adhd and taking my medication! It’s nice to read these and realize I’m not alone 🙂

cmtoth
    Participant

Hello Sara and friends!

I would love to join the crew. I was diagnosed at 40 with Inattentive type, and without mincing words, life has always been a struggle.. trying to pass myself off as “normal” or “neurotypical” is exhausting. I still struggle with self acceptance/low self esteem, with feeling intensely, with speaking too honestly, and the list goes on. Nonetheless, I am not all doom and gloom. I am grateful for many of my quirks and traits!

I am ready for candid conversation free from judgement or ridicule. It would be lovely to connect and feel understood:)

BemusedFox
    Participant

Hi Sara,

I’m Jess. I was recently (within the last year) diagnosed and am 29. I am just trying to figure things out. I would love to chat with other both new to the ropes and seasoned veterans in living with ADHD.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.