Work stuggles

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      elizaaa
      Participant

I’m so confused how everyone has careers?! I am so easily bored and find myself so disorganised at work (receptionist) not able to get anything done. Iv been on medication for a pretty long time but my brain is still on a completely different planet. Everyone literally thinks I’m the most spacey person ever and just think I’m dumb! I can’t even tell a story to someone without forgetting what I’m saying. Nobody takes me seriously at all and all my coworkers think I’m lazy and don’t care. Not to mention I literally loose EVERYTHING and I am a complete mess. I just wanna get paid for doing nothing lol, my life would be much simpler.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

It sounds like this type of job may not be a good fit for you. A receptionist often has to multi-task and have strong executive functioning skills, which are often a challenge with ADHD. Think about what you’re interested in and passionate about and then consider what jobs would allow you to work in an area of interest.

How to Align Your Career with Your Passions

Great Job! A Career Happiness Formula for Adults with ADHD

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.