Why society can’t able to accept ADHD?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Teens and Young Adults with ADHD Why society can’t able to accept ADHD?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Alcottjohn
      Participant

I am 16 years old and experiencing chronic ADHD. It affects my studies. But, the thing is that my neighbors think that I am mentally disturbed or a depressed child. In which they told my parents about it so much. These things disturb my mental ability. I Just want to ask why people are not able to accept ADHD and believing in the right treatment of it?

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

I’m sorry you’re going through that. People who don’t have any close experience with ADHD tend to see the behaviors as something they know more about, like depression. What matters is that your parents understand and support you. Beyond that, it’s a matter of educating people about ADHD.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Dr. Eric
      Participant

I do this for a living, and a bad week is when I feel like a lifetime of having ADHD and 24 years of study and professional experience are no match for the opinion of some idiot on Facebook or friends that parents go to the gym with…

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.