Which is the Best generic brand of Adderall?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Which is the Best generic brand of Adderall?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GoGretaGo 2 days, 20 hours ago.

• Author

bmdpcs13@gmail.com
    Participant

I’ve been changed by my pharmacy so many times I can’t keep up.
    What is everyones opinion on the best generic brand to request or inqure about?
    20mg or 30 mg IR

elibrown409
    Participant

Oval-shaped peach color 20mg , made by Teva. I had the same problem when I was going to smaller pharmacies, so I finally have consistently been getting this same brand from a busier Walmart super center pharmacy in our area for over a year. I always ask before I give them my prescription if that exact generic is what I’ll receive. Only one time did they have a supply issue, so I went down the block and Walgreens carried that generic too. It easily melts under your tongue too, better even than the brand name. That’s the way I take it.

The only problem is I have to go pick up the medications myself, and I’ve been trying to organize my home for seven centuries. So it interrupts my momentum.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 5 hours ago by  elibrown409. Reason: Grammar mistake

GoGretaGo
    Participant

I have actually had the opposite experience of “elibrown” above. I have in the past had to change my pharmacy to avoid the Teva brand. Several years ago I had been taking one brand (I believe Aurobindo) for quite some time, and my pharmacy ran out of that particular brand and replaced with Teva. It took me a few days to make the connection but the Teva brand made me feel terrible. Sick to my stomach, exhausted, shakey. It was very unpleasant. I stopped it for a couple days, felt better and tried it again and had the same exact symptoms immediately. My doctor actually puts on my scripts “No Teva”. She explained that there could be an inactive ingredient in it that just doesn’t agree with me, or, that generic formulations sometimes differ slightly in strength, and I may have reacted to that. I now take Mylan which I find works great for me. I’ve heard the opposite though. I think everyone is just different and it’s important to find one that works best for you, and then try to stick with that one brand if possible. My pharmacy (smaller, privately owned, and fantastic) will keep in stock this particular brand for me which is great. It’s also great if you can find a kind and helpful (non judgmental) pharmacist that will work with you. Best of luck to you!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.