When stimulants aren't enough; what do YOU do to be constructive/proactive?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done When stimulants aren't enough; what do YOU do to be constructive/proactive?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ADHDmomma 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

NumbAllDay
    Participant

I’m not here to complain about how stimulants haven’t done all that much for me. I know things only get so much better with mental illness. What I am trying to help is my productivity habits when I don’t have stimulants in me and/or when I am not finding much benefit from them. I have to take breaks from stimulants, but I typically put off taking breaks because I just hate dealing with withdrawal symptoms, but I am going to try to take drug holidays more often (when reasonably able). But yeah guys, I’m just here to seek insight towards how others with ADHD deal with the times when you don’t feel medicines are “covering you” or are not helping as much as you’d like.

ADHDmomma
    Keymaster

Here are some strategies for productivity when you have ADHD:

Getting Things Done Without Getting Bogged Down

Also, you may find that some natural treatments are a good complement to medication when you take it, and helpful for times when you don’t:
    https://www.additudemag.com/category/explore-adhd-treatments/natural-treatments/

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.