What are Topic Tags used for?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums How to Use the ADDitude Forums What are Topic Tags used for?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      onaverylongpath
      Participant

Hi,

Under the forum post text box there is a “topic tags” box. Is there some kind of system or standard set of ones to use? I’m not sure what to put in, or what would be best, and I don’t want to put in “lithium” when the system or community only finds “Lithium” to be helpful. Is this written down somewhere or does it not matter?

lynneiha
      Participant

Great Point.
      I have no idea what they mean. I’ve been active on this site for a year. At first, when I asked a question, or responded to a question-maybe both-I tried to fill out the “topic tags”. I think I stopped doing that when I realized that no matter what tags I put on a posting, I couldn’t see a difference as to where/how that posting showed up.
      I made a guess that they were there for the editor(s)-to help in sorting out where postings might be relevant in different discussions. Poor grammar there, but…maybe you get my point.
      Basically, I’m curious as to the answer to your question also, just not as curious
      as you are!

mariagarner
      Blocked

nice

Kerplunk
      Participant

Tags on forums are normally used when searching for topics ? Correct me if I’m wrong. Mind you, I bet most people put #ADHD

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

The tags field is open to anything — there’s no set list. It helps when people are searching for a discussion on a topic.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.