what ADD drug is like pseudoephedrine?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD what ADD drug is like pseudoephedrine?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Penny Williams 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

jeep36
    Participant

im trying to work on getting the correct meds/dosages for my ADD and am struggling. the best I have every felt focus wise and mentally was when I would self medicate with Sudafed (pseudoephedrine). Im trying to find drugs that are similar that I should ask my Dr to try. im assuming Sudafed is metabolized into ephedrine by my body so this would make it a prodrug so something like Vyvanse would be my best bet?

any help is appreciated with the struggle

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

There’s no way to know which ADHD medication would work best for you because it depends on individual neurochemicals, genetics, and metabolism. Have a conversation with your doctor and take their advice on which medication to try first.

Here’s more facts about ADHD medications so you can have a good understanding before speaking with your doctor and starting a medication trial:

A Patient’s Primer on the Stimulant Medications Used to Treat ADHD

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.