Well I'm 60 and maybe I am adhd

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Well I'm 60 and maybe I am adhd

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Andronicus
      Participant

Hello, I was sitting with some neighbours last night having a fun evening playing guitar and sharing poetry as my young neighbour was wanting to share her slam poetry so I shared mine to be making it less awkward for her.it was fun and beautiful.my daughter sings and plays guitar too so we had a lovely night. Then my one neighbour says to me yah you fit all the adhd symptoms.Im like what? IM 60.
      However after reading the symptoms and looking over the tests I am a fit in soooooo many ways. I plan to follow this up and make a appointment sometime with some doctor locally.But it makes so much sense.Ive had a huge bad year last year.fired lost my mom and my brother past away from cancer…jobs are impossible to land and I dont seem to be able to produce anything with all this time I have…and I see how the way adhd works fits all my problems .
      So yes it’s late but it makes me understand how I need to work in ways to work with my procrastination and negative thinking…I find this very helpful to know it’s a behaviour I can understand better with help. Just needed to share.
      Cheers

hmsdragonfly
      Participant

I’m 55. New for me too, and so helpful to know!

Jay Smallen
      Participant

I’m 51 and found out on my own on this site about 5 months ago. It’s been a trip to say the least, but when I have the interest to learn more I poke around here. Or read the emails I subscribed to here also. So much helpful information here. Also I’m insurance less, taking care of my Mom who also has adhd. Good times haha!! But things have been getting much better ever since I found out. Now at least I can get help recognizing what it is that I do that I don’t know that I do if ya know what I mean haha! I also recently found a natural supplement that I found through this site that has dramatically reduced my feeling of worry so I can get actually focus. And I have a more relaxed positive outlook which is very welcome. Holy friggin ramble. I hope this may help someone. Not sure how this forum will work as far as notifications go. Fingers crossed πŸ€žπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ€™πŸ»πŸ˜

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.