Want to find a mentor for my 14yo son

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Friendships & Activities Want to find a mentor for my 14yo son

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      irulik24
      Participant

I’d love to find a mentor for my 14yo son, preferably a young adult with ADHD, whom my son would feel comfortable talking with about his daily struggles and someone, whom he would also be able to learn from (tops & tricks, organizational strategies, etc). I live in CT. Any thoughts as to where I can turn to to find such a mentor? Or maybe there are Blogs or YouTube channels my son can follow to find someone to relate to in regards to ADHD?… I’ve searched the internet up and down and have come up empty… Thanks in advance!

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Try Grace Friedman’s website:

“I Want to Shine a Light on ADHD”

She has a mentoring section on her website, and there may be a forum as well.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Author & Mentor on Parenting ADHD, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

irulik24
      Participant

@Penny – Thank you!

anomalocaris
      Participant

There’s a girl on YouTube who has a channel for teens with ADD. It may take some time, but I’ll see if I can find it for you.

TaurusMoon
      Participant

Idk if you have found someone by now, but once my son is a bit older, I am considering Big Brothers, Big Sisters for him. How is their program in CT? There may be a young man (Big Brother) who has ADHD that he can be matched with. Good luck!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.