Urinary Retention (Delayed Urination)

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Urinary Retention (Delayed Urination)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ahmed88 1 week ago.

• Author

Ahmed88
    Participant

Hi,

Has anyone experienced urinary retention from taking Adderall here and has resolved it? I have the feeling that I need to go pee really bad all of a sudden and then when I go it seems to take some to come and is slow initially. Also I am severely dry mouthed which I think is a common phenomenon. Urniary issues are labelled as some of the side effects of other medications mentioned online but not specifically for adderall. I was able to view some forums regarding people facing the same issue including release of semen as well while urinating, before or after.

When I explained these issues my doctor shifted me to Focalin but am not enjoying the experience after 3 weeks of using it. The forums talk about the issues but no one mentions any possible solutions achieved. Would really appreicate if someone has any insight on this? I was thinking maybe I should ask the doctor to put me on maybe Vyvanse since its the “newer” cousin of adderall and might have less side effects. Also maybe reduce the dosage and see igf that does the trick.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.