Two doses of XR?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Brendan09 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

shelly0508
    Participant

Hi,

I was recently diagnosed with inattentive adhd. Have worked up to a prescription of 20 mg xr every morning and 10mg IR as needed in the afternoon. I would much rather do two doses of 20 mg xr per day as I don’t really like the Adderall IR. Is there any precedent for this? Will my doc be ok will prescribing that? Does anyone else not prefer the IR experience?

Penny Williams
    Keymaster

I have seen some people prescribed two XR doses in a day. It’s uncommon but it does happen. The only way to know if your doctor is open to it is to ask them.

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Brendan09
    Participant

I was prescribed two doses a day. I also didn’t like IR. All I did was ask my doctor. She was ok with it but she wanted me to monitor my ability to sleep. Worked ok. My sleep was fine. However, I eventually switched to Vyvanse. It works better for me.

I was worried she say no. But she was very understanding and wanted to help me. I was 30 when I was diagnosed but didn’t take medication until I was 37.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.