Trying to get in for a diagnosis — Taking forever

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Trying to get in for a diagnosis — Taking forever

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      SteveInIL
      Participant

I am trying to get in to be diagnosed. I am as sure as I can be that I have ADHD. The problem is that I am having trouble finding a doctor that would work with me. I have Cerebral Palsy and I am not able to speak. It’s been a year since I started.

What do people think I should do?

Steve

misserica1986
      Participant

I called a PCP To get a diagnosis and they referred me to a specific Psychologist that specialized in ADHD, call around and ask “do you see patients for ADHD” some people are against acknowledging ADHD is a real thing- and you do not want to go to them. So ask that specific question, if they say no- ask if they know who they can refer you to.

Or if you’re a part of any kind of big group in your area (like on Facebook) you can post in your group if anyone has a recommendation! (We have a lot of like garage sale groups in my Area that had like thousands of people in there)

SteveInIL
      Participant

I actually did most of those things. My PCP has written at least three referrals. Doctors don’t want to work with me because of my Cerebral Palsy.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.