Treatment Options

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treatment Options

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Bluntage
      Participant

Hey There,

I was born in 1979 and diagnosed with ADD in 1984. At the time where I am from, ADD was something you hir and my mother did not put me on medication. Now my own child has been diagnosed and it’s making me come to terms with my own problems. I’ve learned to adapt my learning but I have one major problem that has really hurt my work life and especially after a recent change to my job.

We have these procedural guides sometimes with 25 steps to them and no matter how hard I try to follow it, I just can’t. With stuff similar to this I would just write out the instructions in my own way but my employer caught me doing it and they don’t want me to. I was forced to disclose my ADD to my employer and they are going to work with me but haven’t figured that out yet.

I’m seeing my doctor in about a month and I want to know what kind of drugs will help me. I’m already on Wellbutrin now. I’ve used recreational stimulants when I was younger and I didn’t like how it made me feel. Does anyone know if I can solve this problem with another class or type of drug?

Thanks for the help!

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Here’s what you need to know about ADHD medication:

A Patient’s Primer on the Stimulant Medications Used to Treat ADHD

There are also alternatives: non-stimulants, off-label prescriptions. etc.
      https://www.additudemag.com/category/explore-adhd-treatments/medications/nonstimulant-medications/

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.