Traveling with ADHD medication

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Traveling with ADHD medication

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      @L3X
      Participant

Ive been looking around the web and havent found any lists of which countries I can travel to with prescribed amphetamine based meds. Does anyone know of any database?

Suxie22
      Participant

Sorry, but why can’t you travel with a valid, medical prescription written in your name that matches your passport?

Illegal or street-based amphetamines not in your name would obviously be subject to the possibility of confiscation.

bnoellesv
      Participant

Hi there,

You haven’t found any lists of countries which allow or prohibit travel with ADHD medication, because none exists 😉 If the name on the prescription bottle matches the name on your passport, there isn’t a country in the world that will prevent you from having it (or not allow you in, based on that fact).
      Chances are they won’t even take the bottle out of your bag to confirm the name, or see what type of medication it is (besides which, it’s highly unlikely that any customs agent outside of the U.S. would even know what Adderall or Dexedrine IS [or whatever your meds happen to be ;-)]
      I lived in Venice for 7 years and traveled back & forth between Italy & the U.S. about 8 times per year (as well as regularly visiting Spain / Switzerland / Greece / Czech Republic, etc, etc.) & I was never questioned about my ADD medication at any customs check point (30mg Adderall IR / 180 count).
      SO… You’re all good on the travel issue!
      NOW, you just need to work on not feeling like a guilty criminal for leaving home with an ADHD diagnosis! 😉

HAPPY TRAVELS…

GirlonaBike
      Participant

Yes, some valid prescription drugs are illegal in other countries. Many countries don’t recognize adult adhd. I don’t know of any databases, and they probably change often. I’d contact the country’s embassy or consulate that you want to visit.This might help http://www.incb.org/incb/en/travellers/country-regulations.html

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.