Throw away or keep old video tapes from my 20's?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Throw away or keep old video tapes from my 20's?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Testingtesting
      Participant

So I was doing some cleaning and found a dreaded video tape I refused to look at for more then 10 years. I forced myself to look at it and I saw mostly me and some friends being happy (and a bit drunk). I was always behind the camera laughing loud and happy whatever this friends may doing (not anything special really). I saw some old neighbours in it i use to hang around with (also often alcohol related), my ex playing some guitar (felt nothing when I saw him again), my poor old cat (dead now) and my parent (also dead now and always being missed by me). I can’t say i live much better today, im not at all that social as i was on these tapes (cause i stop drink alcohol 6 years ago). I realise i always was some behind-person, its no deep relationships i see and i get why they all ended. I dont get super sad when looking at it but i dont feel happy either, felt like im not had growing up like these people, they all have kids, jobs and stuff today. These friends i found on tape are people i havent talked or seen in years. Because its some minutes with my dead parent and my old cat i find it hard to just throw away. I also dont know if this might be funny later in life. I feel a bit sad lost all these people in my life but i cant change who i am either. Back then i didnt know i had ADD, but it gets clearer in this videos.

My question because i believe in Feng shui, you know the good energy and all that, should i keep those old video tapes or throw them away?
      What are the reasons for it?
      Same with old photos, I have a huuuuuge collecting of photos in my basement with old friends, ex and animals, havent looked inside it for 10 years either.

Would be greatful if anyone took their time to read this and can give me some advice.

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

I think if the decision to discard is this hard it means you should hang on to it, at least for now. You don’t have to watch it, but there can be peace in knowing it’s there if and when you want to in the future. Try to attach some positive feelings to it and it won’t feel so heavy.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.