This is Halloween kinda scary!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD This is Halloween kinda scary!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ADHDmomma 2 months ago.

• Author

h22k22-female
    Participant

I’ve booked an appointment and I’m going to ask for medication.
    Help! What medication is a good start for a 40yr female? (FYI I suffer with anxiety and drink too much alcohol)

I found my path by wading through the mud until I had my Son, then I sank. Not from breast feeding, the birth, the sleepless nights, the constant crying- no. Life crashed because I couldn’t organise my house with the compulsory addition of a boyfriend and the new babies belongings. (Mostly my impulse purchases)

We have 11 rooms in this house and only use 4 because the rest are filled with boxes that I can’t unpack. I’ve hyperfocused on educating myself about ADHD and I’ve made the appointment.

I just need to know what to ask for! I’m in UK.

ADHDmomma
    Keymaster

Follow your doctor’s lead on medication. Everyone has a different experience on each of the ADHD medications available. Here’s details on ADHD medication so you know what to expect:

A Patient’s Primer on the Stimulant Medications Used to Treat ADHD

Penny
    ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Trainer & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.