The weighted blanket is the best thing that ever happened

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD The weighted blanket is the best thing that ever happened

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      damnmouse
      Participant

It’s basically like a thunder jacket you put on a dog but this is one of the few things that have allowed me to sleep and mitigate my anxiety while at home. It provides an overwhelming sense of well-being and makes outside noises not effect me. Sometimes when I’m trying to sleep I feel the urge to move parts of my body, or strange sensations on my skin. This actually gets rid of that. And if I sleep better, I perform better. I can’t recommend this enough.

Getittogethergirl
      Participant

Glad to know! I have been curious.

pammywammyv
      Participant

Thank you! My daughter has mild depression and her husband has severe anxiety, and we bought them a blanket for Christmas. She said I should really try one because they absolutely LOVE it!

Andrea@adhdprimed
      Participant

This is great. I’ve noticed that I feel comfortable when I’m “swaddled”. I wonder if a weighted blanket would be good for me. I need to find a way to “try before I buy”.
      (My dog tries to be my “weighted blanket” but she’s got boney knees and elbows. 😀 )

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.