The good, the bad, & the ugly: How does ADHD look in your life? Q

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls The good, the bad, & the ugly: How does ADHD look in your life? Q

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jdsgirl 1 month ago.

• Author

smjimenez31
    Participant

Hello to all,

I realized how long this post got, so summary of the questions are at the bottom all the way at the bottom

I am 23 & I was just diagnosed about a year ago and it’s definitely been a process. I have noticed a lot of repitition on the generalized symptoms of ADHD, but symptoms manifest themselves differently for every single person, especially in girls & women. It’s never occurred to me to ask what it looks like for my fellow ADHD community. If not its not too invasive I would love to read about your experiences.

QUESTIONS:
    How does your ADHD…
    look like?
    shape your life?
    make you feel?
    shape your feelings?
    (Ex. Hypersensitivity! Haha. I knew myfeels were a little more heightened than most. & found that ADHD was the culprit for feeling ecstatic when someone is happy, feeling like I just caused the apocalypse bc of a tiny mistake, or my favorite: exploding in anger that I was almost mistaken for Hulk’s sister)

COPING SKILLS & STRATEGIES:
    Things to look out for? Or more aware of?
    Ways of thinking differently or looking at things differently? (So what feels like a weakness is actually a skill lacking the right context)
    how to approach things (whatever it maybe, like feelings)?
    Self-forgiveness & self-respect

Or anything else that you might think is helpful that I didn’t mention.

Thanks!

Jolly
    Participant

One word. CRAZY.

Jdsgirl
    Participant

Messy lately. Not sure if its th ADHD or menapouse. I should feel greatful for what I have. A house, pets, a job, money, friends. But I’m always told at work that I have no time management skills, am lazy, am always late and can’t finish my work on time. I’m on meds, which help, but not cure. I was diagnosed a few years ago, and it all makes sense now. I didn’t tell my boss I have ADHD. But I’m at a risk of being fired. I pray a lot and I’m glad I found thus website tonight. It’s a blessing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.