Texting and ADD?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Amelia_Ray
      Participant

Hello, I’m 24 years old and I’m just now starting the process of getting diagnosed with ADD. I only recently realized that this is something that has affected my entire life, especially when it comes to texting.

I’ve never known why, but for some reason I’ve always had a really hard time responding to texts. Sometimes when I will read the text and then set my phone down and forget to respond, other times it feels like I can’t respond no matter how hard I try to get my thumbs to start typing. I have this issue with other aspects of my life as well, but this texting issue is starting to affect my professional and personal relationships.

I’m wondering if anyone else has had this problem with texting, and what they usually do about it?

Thank you!

Penny Williams
      Keymaster

Can you pinpoint why you don’t respond? Is it fear of saying the wrong thing? Fear of criticism or rejection? Thinking you’ll reply later? You can’t change something without first identifying why it’s happening.

Penny
      ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism

HarrisonW
      Participant

I literally have the same issue, and My gf, parents, friends are always so mad at me

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.